web analytics

Jahangir Khan

  • Islamabad: Nurse among four shot dead at Polyclinic

    Islamabad: Nurse among four shot dead at Polyclinic

    ISLAMABAD: At least four people, including a female nurse staff, were killed in a firing incident at Maternal and Child Healthcare Center of Islamabad’s Polyclinic hospital, ARY News reported on Tuesday.

    According to details, a man opened fire at the Maternal and Child Health Center of Polyclinic hospital and killed two people including a staff nurse, who was also her wife.

    Read More: Islamabad: Four burnt to death as car crashes into pole

    Sources said that the accused first shot dead his brother-in-law and father-in-law in Islamabad’s Sector G-6 and then went to the Polyclinic hospital where he gunned down his wife and ward master.

    Police have launched an investigation into the incident.

  • Pak vs Aus: ‘PPP changes long march route’

    Pak vs Aus: ‘PPP changes long march route’

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has changed the route of its long march towards Islamabad in the wake of the ongoing test match between Pakistan and Australia at Rawalpindi cricket stadium, ARY NEWS reported.

    According to sources privy to the development, PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto has been apprised regarding the change in route of the PPP long march.

    “The PPP long march will now enter Islamabad from Rawat T chowk,” they said and added that the participants will spend the night at Rawat T chowk on March 7 before entering Islamabad the next day.

    Earlier in the day, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari after arriving in Lahore during the long march said that he could not guarantee 100 percent success for the no-trust move against the incumbent government.

    Speaking during a presser after Nadeem Afzal Chan joined PPP, Bilawal Bhutto said that bringing a no-trust move is a difficult task and he could not guarantee its 100 percent success.

    “If we succeed, it will be a great achievement but even if we fail, I will not back down and continue my struggle,” the PPP chairman said and demanded of the Prime Minister Imran Khan to resign from his post.

    “If Imran Khan considers himself a public figure then he should resign and come to the public to get a fresh mandate for him,” he said and added that “if Khan will not resign then the opposition will bring a no-trust move against him.”

  • Nadeem Afzal Chan: PM Imran Khan’s former spox to rejoin PPP

    Nadeem Afzal Chan: PM Imran Khan’s former spox to rejoin PPP

    LAHORE: Former spokesperson of Prime Minister Imran Khan, Nadeem Afzal Chan has decided to rejoin Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), ARY News reported on Saturday.

    Nadeem Afzal Chan, the former spokesperson to PM Imran Khan, decided to rejoin PPP. Sources told ARY News that PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari will visit Chan’s residence in Lahore tomorrow.

    Chan will formally announce joining Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), sources added.

    Nadeem Afzal Chan had tendered resignation as PM Imran Khan’s spokesperson on January 13 last year after developing differences. He had been appointed as a special assistant by PM Khan in January 2019 after he join Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) in 2018.

    Yesterday, Nadeem Afzal Chan had said he is in contact with Prime Minister Imran Khan, but not willing to hold any public office.

    In an exclusive interview with ARY News, after resigning from the cabinet, Nadeem Afzal Chan had said yet he has not decided from which party he will contest upcoming general polls.

    He had said the establishment must have been neutral now as everyone is saying so now. “Many things can happen when the establishment plays a neutral role.”

    Nadeem Afzal Chan, PPP, Imran Khan spokesperson

    Responding to a query, Nadeem Afzal Chan had said only strong people are remembered in history, not the weaker ones.

    READ: PM IMRAN ACCEPTS RESIGNATION OF SAPM NADEEM AFZAL

    He had advised PM Imran Khan to take ‘bold decisions’ with courage so that he can be remembered in the country’s history.

    Chan had said he is in contact with the premier through messages but is not willing to hold any public office because he cannot deliver in this system.

    The politician had said only people with ‘good English’ can fit in the present model and added he is an open-minded man, who knows ‘political English’ only.

  • No-trust move: PPP directs MNAs to suspend all non-political activities

    No-trust move: PPP directs MNAs to suspend all non-political activities

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has directed its members of the National Assembly (MNAs) to suspend all their non-political activities in the wake of no-trust move against the incumbent government, ARY NEWS reported.

    According to sources privy to the matter, the PPP leadership has issued important directives to its MNAs ahead of the no-trust move and barred them from travelling abroad.

    “The MNAs have been directed to stay in the country and cancel their governmental visits and meetings,” they said and added, “The PPP leadership have asked members of the National Assembly to stay alert and remain in touch with each other.”

    Earlier in the day, opposition parties prepared a draft for a no-trust motion and requisitioning a session of the National Assembly and they would be submitted to the secretariat any time.

    According to sources privy to the development, the opposition has finalized its preparation for no-trust move and had prepared a draft for the no-confidence motion to be submitted before the National Assembly.

    “A requisition to summon the National Assembly session is also being prepared,” they said adding, “PML-N was given the responsibility to prepare the drafts and the chamber of Opposition Leader Shehbaz Sharif has been alerted for submission.”

    The no-trust motion and requisition to summon National Assembly session will be submitted any time at the assembly secretariat, the sources said.

  • Ministry recommends ‘Order of Hayat’ awards for service during pandemic

    Ministry recommends ‘Order of Hayat’ awards for service during pandemic

    ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of National Health in a dispatch to the Prime Minister’s Office has recommended one-time Civil Award to health workers over services in coronavirus pandemic, ARY News reported on Thursday.

    “The healthcare workers are working at the front-line since the first wave of the coronavirus,” the ministry wrote in a letter to the PM, according to sources.

    “They have served without caring about their lives,” the letter read. “The health workers voluntarily served at the corona isolation wards and sacrificed lives in the line of the duty,” according to the ministry’s letter.

    “In the country, over 1.5 million Covid-19 cases have been reported and above 30,000 people died in the pandemic so far,” the letter read.

    “Pakistan’s health sector faced severe hardships, over 19,000 health workers infected with the virus and 174 of them died with the infection”.

    “All segments of the society have valiantly worked against the coronavirus. In 2005 earthquake, those who had saved lives were awarded one-time civil awards. The government should announce the civil award for the healthcare workers with the title of ‘Order of Hayat’,” the health ministry recommended.

    “The award should be given to those who had voluntarily served in corona wards,” the ministry further recommended.

    According to sources, the health ministry will dispatch final names to the cabinet division for civil awards, the cabinet committee will shortlist the names for awards to the prime minister, who will recommend the president for giving civil awards to the nominees, sources said.

    “After the president’s approval the nominees will be given civil awards on March 23,” sources added.

  • Pak vs Aus: NCOC allows full capacity crowd during matches

    Pak vs Aus: NCOC allows full capacity crowd during matches

    ISLAMABAD: The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) has decided to allow full capacity crowd during the matches between Pakistan and Australia, which will begin from March 4, ARY News reported.

    Kangaroos will play three Tests, three ODIs and a T20I from March 4 to April 5. Rawalpindi will host the Test series opener and white-ball leg while Karachi and Lahore will host the second and third Test respectively.

    The country’s top platform overseeing Covid response decided to allow the 100 per cent crowd to enjoy the matches between Australia and Pakistan. Sources privy to the development said that the NCOC has dispatched letters regarding the decisions to the federal government and the provinces while the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has also been informed.

    Citizens aged above 12 years will have to bring their Covid vaccination certificate for entry to the stadium, while children below 12 years can also come to enjoy the matches without vaccination.

    Read more: Australia cricket team reaches Pakistan after 24 years

    The administration and the spectators have been advised to fully comply with the SOPs.

    Australia’s cricket team reached Pakistan on Sunday morning via a special plane after 24 years.

    A 35-member Kangaroos squad landed at Islamabad airport via a chartered plane. The visiting team was welcomed by Director Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Zakir Khan. The team was escorted to their hotel from the airport under tight security.

  • NCOC scraps PCR test for vaccinated passengers

    NCOC scraps PCR test for vaccinated passengers

    ISLAMABAD: The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) on Wednesday revised its policy for inbound passengers.

    Under the revised policy that will come into force on Feb 24, fully vaccinated inbound passengers will not be required to undergo PCR test before travelling to Pakistan.

    Also Read: NCOC: Covid-19 curbs to stay in place in these cities

    However, non-vaccinated individuals aged over 12 years will have to submit negative PCR conducted 72 hours before departure.

    The NCOC has made vaccination mandatory for all inbound passengers with exemption for individuals below the age of 12 years. Passengers between 12-18 years of age are allowed to travel without mandatory vaccination till March 31, 2022, it said.

    Also Read: Passengers traveling to UAE from Pakistan get major relief

    The country’s top platform said deportees and non-vaccinated pedestrians at border terminals will have to undergo rapid antigen test (RAT) and those found positive will be required to quarantine themselves at home for 10 days.

  • PSL matches: NCOC allows full house from Feb 16

    PSL matches: NCOC allows full house from Feb 16

    ISLAMABAD: The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) on Monday decided to allow full capacity crowd at Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium to enjoy Pakistan Super League (PSL) 7 matches from Feb 16.

    Planning and Development Minister Asad Umar chaired a meeting of the NCOC to review the Covid-19 situation and the ongoing vaccination drive.

    Also Read: #PSL7: Babar Azam impresses with stellar catches against Islamabad United

    The country’s top platform overseeing Covid response decided to increase the number of spectators to 50 per cent for PSL matches to be played at the Lahore stadium until Feb 15 and allow full house from Feb 16 onwards.

    Citizens aged below 12 years will also be able to enjoy matches at the stadium, it said.

    Also Read: #PSL7: Shahnawaz Dahani celebrates like Imran Tahir, video goes viral

    The second leg of PSL 7 is starting in Lahore from February 10.

  • Curbs on schools to stay in place till mid-Feb: NCOC

    Curbs on schools to stay in place till mid-Feb: NCOC

    ISLAMABAD: The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) decided on Thursday to extend curbs on schools in cities with over 10 per cent positivity rate of Covid-19 cases till mid-February, ARY News reported, citing sources.

    The country’s nerve centre for Covid response decided that schools in cities having an infection rate of over 10pc will allow classes for students aged below 12 years with 50 per cent attendance (staggered days). However, classes for students (fully vaccinated) over the age of 12 years will continue with full attendance.

    Also Read: NCOC issues fresh COVID guidelines for mosques

    It said vaccination of students above 12 years will be compulsory from Feb 1. Large-scale testing will continue at educational institutes across the country for their targeted closure.

    The sources said the NCOC will review restrictions on different sectors on Jan 20.

    On Jan 19, the NCOC had announced a new set of restrictions to contain rising Covid-19 cases. It said indoor and outdoor dining, as well as wedding functions will be allowed only for vaccinated people.

    Also Read: Pakistan sees 7,539 fresh COVID-19 cases at 11.91pc positivity rate

    There will be a complete ban on indoor dining and weddings in cities with over 10% Covid positivity ratio with effect from Jan 24, the NCOC said. However, it added, outdoor dining and weddings with maximum limit of 300 fully vaccinated guests will be allowed.

  • Passengers traveling abroad to get free COVID booster shots

    Passengers traveling abroad to get free COVID booster shots

    ISLAMABAD: Federal government has decided against charging fees for booster shots of COVID vaccine from passengers travelling abroad, ARY NEWS reported.

    The directives have been conveyed to the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) and provinces by the national health ministry.

    The ministry in its directive said that the passengers travelling abroad could now receive their booster shots after showing their travel documents to the health officials.

    In August 2021, the federal government decided to administer booster COVID vaccine shots for people travelling abroad and announced a fee in this regard to be submitted at the National Bank of Pakistan.

    A fee of Rs1270 was fixed for those willing to receive booster shots and they had to submit the money to the designated branches of the National Bank of Pakistan (NBP).

    On December 01,amidst the threat of transmission of new Covid strain ‘Omicron’ to Pakistan, the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) has approved a booster jab for people to strengthen their protection against the new variant.

    Read More: 6,540 NEW CASES AS OMICRON-DRIVEN 5TH COVID WAVE RAGES ON

    The country’s top platform overseeing Covid response authorised booster shots for three groups of people including healthcare workers, those aged 50 and above and people who are immunocompromised.

    The booster shot will be free of cost and can be administered at least six months after the administration of the last dose of Covid-19 vaccine.