Luis Torrens produced a stunning performance as he hit a three-run homer along with five RBIs as New York Mets beat the Philadelphia Phillies 13-3 on Monday night. (more…)
Web Desk
-
Khawaja Asif claims pressure from ex-COAS Bajwa’s father-in-law to condemn Nawaz Sharif’s speech
Defense Minister Khawaja Asif claimed he was imprisoned for six months during Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf govt tenure for refusing to condemn Nawaz Sharif’s Gujranwala.
Speaking about previously undisclosed political pressure, Khawaja Asif shared that during the tenure of the PTI founder, the father-in-law of ex-COAS General (retired) Qamar Javed Bajwa summoned him to his home.
“I was taken to the basement and told that Nawaz Sharif had mentioned both General Bajwa and General Faiz in his Gujranwala address and was asked to publicly condemn the speech and distance himself from it.”
The defense minister added that Qamar Javed Bajwa’s father-in-law had said that he would not comply with his demands, to which he was warned that if he didn’t cooperate, NAB cases would be initiated against him.
Khwaja Asif stated that Rana Tanveer was a witness to the incident.
Moving further, Khawaja Asif said after few days of denial to the Qamar Javed Bajwa’s father-in-law, he was suddenly arrested and remained in jail for six months.
Read more: PTI founder was ready to give lifetime extension to Gen. Bajwa: Asif
Despite their efforts, the government couldn’t establish a NAB case against me, and the court eventually ordered my release, he added.
Earlier, Khawaja Asif questioned the rationale behind the decision of then prime minister Imran Khan, army chief Qamar Javed Bajwa and ISI chief Faiz Hameed during the PTI tenure to settle the Taliban elements in Pakistan.
Talking to the media persons at the Parliament House, the defence minister said that terrorism was a global issue that must be tackled collectively, and stressed that Pakistan was the front line state in the war against terrorism.
-
Jarren Duran stars as Red Sox sink Orioles
Jarren Duran hit a three-run homer off Tomoyuki Sugano and Roman Anthony, as Boston Red Rox thrashed Baltimore Orioles 4-3 on Monday night. (more…)
-
Religious scholar Engineer Muhammad Ali Mirza arrested in Jhelum
Jhelum police have arrested renowned religious scholar Engineer Muhammad Ali Mirza under 3MPO, ARY News reported on Tuesday.
According to details, City Police Station officials arrested Engineer Muhammad Ali Mirza and subsequently moved him to jail.
Police stated that the arrest was carried out under Section 3 of the Maintenance of Public Order (3 MPO), on the orders of the Deputy Commissioner of Jhelum.
In addition, local authorities have sealed Engineer Mirza’s academy.
The arrest follows formal complaints filed by various religious groups. Delegations of clerics met with district officials earlier today, demanding action against Mirza.
Engineer Muhammad Ali Mirza is known for delivering online lectures on a wide range of social and religious topics. His popularity largely stems from his candid discussions on sensitive issues.
Read more: PTA requests YouTube to review blocking of Dr Israr Ahmed’s channel
With 3.1 million subscribers on his YouTube channel, this is not the first time Mirza has been arrested.
In May 2020, Jhelum police detained him under Section 153-A after an old controversial lecture went viral online. The section applies to individuals accused of hate speech or incitement. He was later released on court orders two days after his arrest.
Mirza also survived an attack in March 2021, when an unknown assailant attempted to stab him at his academy. The attacker was later arrested, while Mirza sustained minor injuries.
-
Kate Middleton’s bold new look signals a major life update
Kate Middleton has debuted a fresh honey-blonde look this summer, sparking speculation among royal watchers.
The Princess of Wales showcased lighter waves during family outings in July and August, but the reason behind the change is not linked to pregnancy rumours.
Sources suggest Kate Middleton’s hair transformation comes as part of a seasonal update and a personal boost after a challenging period.
Kate Middleton sorprende con su cabello más rubio en una aparición con el príncipe William y sus hijos en Escocia. pic.twitter.com/o0GlXYeaSw
— ÚLTIMA HORA ECUADOR (@UltimaHoraEC_) August 25, 2025
The royal is gradually returning to a full schedule of public duties following months of cancer treatment in 2024.Kate Middleton, who shared earlier this year that she is in remission, is focusing on recovery while balancing family life and royal responsibilities.
Her new look coincides with significant changes for the Wales family. Kate Middleton and Prince William are preparing to move from Adelaide Cottage to the larger Forest Lodge in Windsor.
Meanwhile, their children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis are set to begin a new term at Lambrook School in September.
The Princess of Wales’ updated hairstyle reflects a fresh start after a demanding phase in her life. The Princess spent much of last year prioritising health and healing, staying largely out of the public eye.
Now, with treatment completed and her energy returning, she appears ready to embrace change in both her personal style and royal duties.
Royal watchers note that Kate Middleton often refreshes her hair as seasons shift, using subtle updates to mark new beginnings.
Her lighter locks this year signal optimism and renewal as she steps into a busy autumn schedule while continuing her recovery journey.
Also Read: Kate Middleton comparisons shadow Meghan Markle’s latest Netflix deal
In other news, Meghan Markle was facing fresh criticism as her new festive project with Netflix draws comparisons to Kate Middleton’s popular Christmas celebration.
The Duchess of Sussex recently announced a new first-look deal with Netflix, which includes a holiday edition of her With Love series filmed at her Montecito home.
The timing of the announcement has led to accusations that Meghan Markle is trying to compete with Kate Middleton, who hosts a well-loved annual Christmas service at Westminster Abbey.
-
Carlos Alcaraz debuts new hairstyle at US Open
Carlos Alcaraz on Monday night surprised everyone by debuting a new hairstyle at the US Open for his first-round match against Reilly Opelka. (more…)
-
Sussex and York titles may be retired permanently, say royal commentators
The titles held by Prince Harry and Prince Andrew may not be passed down to future generations due to ongoing controversies surrounding both royals.
According to royal experts, the Dukedoms of Sussex and York could remain dormant for many years as the Royal Family seeks to avoid negative associations.
Prince Harry received the title Duke of Sussex when he married Meghan Markle in 2018. However, his relationship with the Royal Family has been strained since he and Meghan stepped down as senior working royals and moved to the United States in 2020.
Prince Harry has remained a highly publicised figure, and his criticisms of royal life have further complicated matters for the monarchy.
Prince Andrew, who was made Duke of York upon his marriage to Sarah Ferguson, has seen his reputation collapse following his association with disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein.
The scandal, combined with a widely criticised television interview, led to Prince Andrew stepping back from royal duties. Experts believe this reputational damage means his title could never be reassigned in the future.
Historical precedent suggests that when a royal title becomes controversial, it is often retired. Analysts point to past cases like the Duke of Windsor, a title linked to King Edward VIII after his abdication.
This is why royal watchers predict that names like Sussex and York may never be given to future senior royals.
For now, Prince Harry continues to hold the Sussex title while living in California, and Prince Andrew remains Duke of York, though neither is likely to see their titles passed on.
The decision reflects the Royal Family’s efforts to maintain its image and avoid repeating history.
Also Read: Prince Harry’s subtle gesture could open door to ‘truce’ with King Charles
Earlier, Prince Harry’s recent act during VJ Day commemorations was seen as the latest sign that he wants to mend ties with King Charles.
The Duke of Sussex arranged a special tribute to his late grandfather, Prince Philip, at the National Memorial Arboretum, but timed it to avoid overshadowing the official VJ Day ceremony attended by the King and Queen.
Harry ensured the wreath and letter honouring Prince Philip were placed several hours after King Charles and Queen Camilla had left the event.
The tribute included his royal insignia and paid respect to those who served in the Far East, highlighting Prince Philip’s role during the Pacific campaign.
Royal experts believe this move showed diplomacy and awareness, suggesting Harry wanted to show respect without taking attention from the King.
-
Real Madrid’s Lucas Vazguez set to join Bayer Leverkusen
In a surprising move, Real Madrid legend Lucas Vazguez is reportedly set to join Bayer Leverkusen as a free agent. (more…)