web analytics

admaster

  • Shehzad Roy lauds Imran Khan for pursuing Aziz Ur Rehman case

    Shehzad Roy lauds Imran Khan for pursuing Aziz Ur Rehman case

    Shehzad Roy, who is known for being an avid child rights activist, has lauded PM Imran Khan for his swift dealing of the Mufti Aziz ur Rehman assault case that blew up on social media last week.

    Posting a picture of jailed cleric Mufti Aziz ur Rehman, whose video assaulting a young kid in a madrassah went viral last week, Roy wrote, “Thank you @imrankhan.pti for personally pursuing this case.” 

    He then went on to laud the Prime Minister for always giving him a positive response whenever he discusses child protection with him. “Whenever I have discussed child protection issues with the PM, he has shown a keen interest, and soon he will be making a holistic policy and initiate a mass public awareness campaign to address the issue,” he said.

    On Sunday, Punjab police had announced the arrest of Mufti Aziz, involved in sexually assaulting a seminary student in Lahore along with his son.

    Mufti Aziz ur Rehman has since confessed to sexually abusing a student besides also trying to harass the latter to refrain him from making the video viral.

    The cleric during police interrogation verified the contents of the video showing him and a student named Sabir Shah and had said that it was filmed by the latter. “I sexually assaulted him while offering him to help in clearing the exams,” he had confessed.

    Seminary teacher Azizur Rehman admits sexually abusing student

    The cleric had said that he was scared after the video got viral on social media and his sons threatened the student to stop him from speaking to anyone else.

    “I released a video clarifying my position as I do not want to leave the seminary,” he had revealed and added that he was asked to leave the seminary prior to his video statement.

  • PIA announces SOPs for Canada-bound travelers

    PIA announces SOPs for Canada-bound travelers

    KARACHI: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) on Tuesday issued a set of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for passengers travelling to Canada on its flights.

    According to details, the airline has made a Covid-19 test mandatory for all the passengers aged five years and above at least 72 hours before the commencement of the journey. Besides, they are required to have a Covid vaccination certificate.

    Canada-bound travelers will also have to provide all necessary data, including a plan on how will they quarantine themselves upon arrival in Canada, via the airline’s mobile phone app.

    PIA doctors will examine all the passengers before they are allowed to board a plane.

    On Monday, Canadian authorities allowed Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) to resume its flight operations to Toronto that was earlier suspended due to a surge in Covid-19 cases.

    According to a PIA spokesperson, the Canadian officials allowed PIA to resume its flights to Toronto, which were restricted to cargo flights only, due to the surge in coronavirus cases. However, other travel-related advisories pertaining to Canada will remain in place, said the national flag carrier spokesperson.

    In the first phase, the airline will start with three direct flights per week from Pakistan to Toronto. The approval was given after the PIA CEO assured the Canadian government that the airline will be following strict standard operating procedures.

  • LPG prices hiked for third time in four days

    LPG prices hiked for third time in four days

    ISLAMABAD: The prices of the Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) have been raised in the country for the third time within a span of four days as distributors have announced a nationwide strike against the decision on June 30, ARY NEWS reported on Tuesday.

    The Oil and Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) announced an increase of Rs6.09 per kilogram in the prices of LPG cylinders. After the recent increase, Rs71.93 would be charged more on the household cylinder while commercial cylinder prices would go up by Rs276.75.

    The LPG prices were raised to Rs 170 in Gilgit Baltistan as commercial cylinders would be now available in the region at Rs7720 and a household cylinder at Rs2000.

    The prices are likely to go up by Rs10 to Rs15 per kilogram after June 30.

    The chairman of the LPG distributors has announced to go on strike on June 30 against the decision and said that they would cut the supply of LPG across the country.

    On May 30, the Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinder prices went up exorbitantly by Rs20 per kilo to sell at Rs110.

    The domestic cylinder of LPG was available, after factoring in a total Rs200 increase, for Rs1,298 while the commercial cylinder prices went up by Rs900 to sell at Rs4,994.

    LPG association chairman Irfan Khokhar said the price hike is due to the affected LNG supply via road networks and that in the course of 24 hours, the prices may go further soaring. Khokhar has demanded the petroleum division revisit its policies on LPG.

  • 15-year-old girl gang-raped, filmed in Punjab

    15-year-old girl gang-raped, filmed in Punjab

    TOBA TEK SINGH: Another rape case has been reported in Punjab, where three men allegedly sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl and filmed her in Toba Tek Singh, ARY News reported on Tuesday. 

    According to the police, the incident took place in the Toba Tek Singh district of Punjab. The accused have been arrested on the complaint of the victim’s family.

    Nasir, Tasawur and Ahmed have been arrested for sexually abusing a 15-year-old girl and filming the act. A case has been registered against, while the investigation was underway.

    Back in April, a 12-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by four men in Karachi’s Memon Goth who filmed and later her video was posted on social media by the culprits.

    Read more: Pano Aqil gang rape: police arrest 2 suspects, reveal harrowing details

    The First Information Report (FIR) stated that four men had raped his daughter.

    It added that the video of the rape victim was later made viral on social media. The father sought immediate action against the criminals.

  • Governor Punjab suggests reserve seats for overseas Pakistanis in assemblies

    Governor Punjab suggests reserve seats for overseas Pakistanis in assemblies

    LAHORE: Governor Punjab Chaudhry Mohammad Sarwar on Tuesday suggested reserving separate seats in the assemblies for the representation of overseas Pakistanis, ARY NEWS reported.

    He said this while meeting PTI leader Nadeem Afzal Chan and other party delegations on Tuesday.

    The governor said that the opposition’s denial to give voting rights to overseas Pakistanis is a negation of democratic norms.

    “Opposition could not force the prime minister to reverse his decision through pressure tactics,”  Governor Punjab Sarwar said adding that they should sit with the treasury on electoral reforms so that no one could raise a finger on the next electoral process.

    While lamenting the opposition’s decision to convene a multi-party conference to discuss electoral reforms rather than discussing it in the Parliament, he said that such decisions could not delay the next general elections.

    On May 8, President Dr. Arif Alvi had promulgated the Election (second amendment) ordinance 2021, allowing voting rights to overseas Pakistanis.

    According to the ordinance issued by the president, changes were made to section 94 (1) and section 103 of the Election Act 2017. The amendments would help in ensuring that overseas Pakistanis vote during the next general election.

    The bill has also been tabled in the Parliament for approval and Adviser to Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs Babar Awan had said that the government has made its intent clear on electronic voting machines (EVMs) and bill pertaining to it will sail through the National Assembly and Senate.

    Babar Awan said that they have already given the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) authority to hold elections using the EVMs. “We have introduced a bill on EVMs in the National Assembly and Senate,” he said adding that opposition has been conveyed that the bill could not be withdrawn.

  • Exams of classes six to eight to start on June 25

    Exams of classes six to eight to start on June 25

    KARACHI: The education department on Tuesday issued a schedule to hold annual examinations of classes six to eight in the private and government schools in Karachi’s District East, reported ARY News.

    According to a statement issued by the department, the exams will start on June 25 and continue until June 30.

    Students of classes from six to eight will take only English, mathematics, general science and drawing papers, it said.

    On June 16, the Sindh government decided to take exams for classes 9 and 11 in the province during a meeting headed by Education Minister Saeed Ghani. During a steering committee meeting of the education department, the provincial authorities mulled over the dates for holding exams of classes 9 and 11.

    Also Read: Sindh announces dates for matric, intermediate examinations

    It was agreed to hold exams for class 9 after matric examinations in July while papers for class 11 would be held after intermediate exams in August. It was decided to hold papers for elective subjects as per the decision of the NCOC.

    The meeting also announced to issue results for classes matric and intermediate 45 days after the examinations while results for 9 and 11 would be announced later. It was decided to take practical exams in the matric and intermediate classes after theory papers and schools and colleges will hold practical exams within their premises.

  • CTD arrest two terrorists in night raid from Mirpur Khas, says DIG

    CTD arrest two terrorists in night raid from Mirpur Khas, says DIG

    KARACHI: The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has arrested two terrorists in a night raid from Mirpur Khas, ARY News reported on Tuesday.

    DIG CTD in a press conference at Civil Lines police station said that the police has made key arrests in Mirpur Khas.


    “The party workers were sent for training in India under a policy of the founder of MQM,” CTD chief Umar Shahid said. “Two prominent leaders of MQM were entrusted for sending the workers to India for training,” Umar Shahid said.

    “Two men arrested in the CTD raid have also got training from India. They were also in contact with Wasay Jalil and others,” CTD official claimed.

    “Large cache of arms including anti-aircraft gun was recovered during the CTD raid,” he said.

    “Arrested accused Naeem has disclosed that he met Anees Advocate in Tehran,” CTD official said. “We had summoned and questioned Anees Advocate. He will be summoned again,” DIG CTD said.

    “Anees Advocate has been prohibited from going out of the country. The charge-sheet will be filed after gathering more facts,” the DIG said.

    “Wasay Jalil has been in United States. We will write for arrest of Wasay Jalil,” CTD official said.

    “We had summoned Farooq Sattar seeking explanation on some questions,” he said.

    “Karachi Police had nabbed a cell linked with Karachi University. The accused arrested from Karachi University were in contact with Mehmood Siddiqui,” DIG said. “Mehmood Siddiqui is a former president of the APMSO and presently staying in India”, he said.

    “He has been the focal person of the RAW and the MQM.” “Mehmood Siddiqui was also facilitator of the arrested accused,” DIG Umar Shahid said.

  • Royal Family pays tribute to Prince Philip on Father’s Day

    Royal Family pays tribute to Prince Philip on Father’s Day

    The British Royal Family marked their first Father’s Day without the family patriarch, Prince Philip, on Sunday. 

    Philip, who held the title of the Duke of Edinburgh and was the Queen’s long-time husband of 73 years, passed away in April at the ripe old age of 99, and his memory was celebrated on Sunday with a heartwarming tribute from the royal family.

    The royal family’s social media accounts shared an unseen vintage picture of Prince Philip with his wife Queen Elizabeth, son Prince Charles, and father-in-law, King George VI, taken at Balmoral in 1951.

    The picture was accompanied by a caption that read, “To all dads everywhere, we wish you a very special Father’s Day.”

    “To mark #FathersDay we are sharing this photograph of The Queen with her father, King George VI, and Prince Philip watching a young Prince Charles sitting on a statue at Balmoral in 1951.”

     

     

    View this post on Instagram

     

    A post shared by The Royal Family (@theroyalfamily)

    The Prince Philip tribute wasn’t the only father’s day post shared by members of the royal family – the Cambridges also shared a heartwarming father’s day post featuring a stop-motion animation video.

    The video included four special pictures; one that featured Prince Charles with William and Harry, one of Kate with her father, Michael, at her wedding, one of Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, and their great-grandchildren, taken by the Duchess of Cambridge, as well as an unseen photo of Prince William with his children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis.

     

     

  • Inmate dies during FIA custody in Islamabad in apparent suicide bid

    Inmate dies during FIA custody in Islamabad in apparent suicide bid

    ISLAMABAD: An under-trial prisoner on Tuesday died in the custody of Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) in Islamabad in what police termed an apparent suicide case, ARY NEWS reported.

    According to sources, the FIA arrested a suspect identified as Amir Hafeez in a fraud case and shifted him to the prison of the Islamabad zone. He was a travel agent and a resident of the Bara Kahu area of the capital city.

    “The inmate was found dead inside the prison,” they said.

    The police have meanwhile, took possession of the body and started a probe regarding the incident. “It apparently looks like a suicide case, however, a clearer picture will emerge after the post mortem report,” they said.

    According to the FIA spokesman, the incident was immediately brought to the notice of a magistrate before the body was sent for post mortem after collection of evidence from the spot.

    The director FIA has suspended four officials including the SHO of the agency’s office for their negligence in the matter, the spokesman said adding that a three-member committee was also formed to submit a report on the matter within a week.

    In another recent incident, a murder case has been registered against two officers of the Counter-Terrorism Department after the death of a suspect in their custody in the federal capital.

    An FIR has been registered under sections 322 (Punishment for murder) and 34 (Acts done by several persons In furtherance of common intention) of the Pakistan Penal Code.

    The deceased was identified as Hassan, 15, a resident of Lower Dir, KPK. His family and friends also staged a demonstration on Saturday to protest the custodial death.

    According to a statement by the police, the suspect died due to inadequate medical treatment amid extreme heat and fever.

  • K-pop band SEVENTEEN drop new EP titled ‘Your Choice’

    K-pop band SEVENTEEN drop new EP titled ‘Your Choice’

    K-pop stars SEVENTEEN say their latest EP Your Choice and lead single Ready to Love show off a more mature concept and sound but the motivations behind their music remain the same.

    Formed in 2015 in South Korea, the band has racked up more than 2 billion streams worldwide, and is best known for hits such as HOME;RUN and Left & Right. SEVENTEEN is riding on the smash success of two back-to-back albums last year – ; (Semicolon) and Heng:garae each sold over a million copies.

    “Rather than saying that we’ve matured in a specific way, we’ve just always tried to sincerely convey our most honest emotions through our music and lyrics,” said S.COUPS, rapper, and leader of the group.

    With 13 members and 3 units, the group produces much of their own material, from the music down to their choreography.

    “I think a huge strength of SEVENTEEN’s producing is that the members have a very deep understanding of our album,” said member SEUNGKWAN, “and an even deeper affection for it.”

    Group members say their fans, known as CARATs, inspire them to bring out a better album each and every time.

    “We believe that we should give back as much love as we have received, so with every album, we do our best to deliver quality music and performances with a greater sense of responsibility,” said another member, MINGYU.